The volunteer will be hired as part of the German-government co-sponsored “weltwärts South-North Volunteering Service”. She/he will assist in the following tasks:
- Support work on cases from Asia, through research, documentation, human rights analysis, and communication with FIAN’s partners in Asia
- Support FIAN’s advocacy work in Asia with UN treaty bodies (especially the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women), UN Special Procedures, and other international bodies
- Support networking with CSOs, academics, and other actors in Asia
- Support the communication with FIAN sections and groups in Asia
- National (up to the age of 28) of one of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. Applicants must reside currently in one of this countries
- Bachelor’s degree in law, human rights studies, social sciences, or other related disciplines
- Strong English reading, writing and communication skills, including an ability to clearly explain complex technical issues in accessible language and synthesize and evaluate data
- Knowledge of human rights standards and mechanisms, particularly those relating to economic, social and cultural rights
- Experience in conducting research, both quantitative and qualitative
- Capacity to work independently as well as within an international team
- Work experience with local communities, social movements, and CSOs
- Work in an internationally renowned human rights organization for twelve months
- The opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and intercultural team
The internship will start tentatively on 1 March 2021. FIAN will provide the cost of travel, boarding, and lodging, pocket money, costs of accompanying seminars as well as social security and health insurance in Germany.
For further information please contact: Sabine Pabst firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your application in one PDF (full CV, a motivation letter and a written sample (research, article) to:Internship@fian.org with "Volunteer Application - Asia Young Professionals Program” in the subject line.
Deadline for application: 22 November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.